I’m Caitlin, a freelance French to English translator and copywriter based in Bristol, UK. Nice to meet you!
Living in Bristol is partly what inspired me to specialise in all things sustainable. The pandemic was another. I know it inspired a lot of people to rethink what matters to them and I’m one of them. I want to help ethical and sustainable organisations make more of an impact.
I translate and write web content, blog posts and newsletters for ethical and purpose-driven organisations.
Check out my social responsibility policy to find out what I’m doing to make a difference in my business.
- Sustainable tourism
- Marketing for purpose-led organisations
- Sustainable building and eco-retrofits
I’m an Associate member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI). I’m also a member of the following networks:
- ITI French Network
- ITI Sustainability, Horticulture, Environment and Agriculture Network
- ITI Western Regional Group
I’m also a member of two revision clubs with fellow translators so I can develop my translation and writing skills.
MA in Translation Studies with Intercultural Communication
Distinction with Prize for Best Overall Performance
University of Surrey, 2015
BA in French and History
University of Warwick, 2014
Continuing Professional Development
I feel continuing professional development is essential to keep up to date with industry changes, learn new things and improve my work.
Here are some of the webinars, conferences and courses I have attended:
- ITI Conference
- Festival of Sustainable Business Conference
- Zero Carbon Britain Online Course: Centre for Alternative Technology
- Copywriting Course at QLS Level 4 with Distinction: College of Media and Publishing
- Eco Refurbishment Short Course: Centre for Alternative Technology
- ITI Conference
- Avoiding Tourist Traps and Other Tourist Perils: Grant Hamilton / OTTIAQ
- The Creative Language Conference
- The Mistakes Translators Make with Verbs: Grant Hamilton / ITI French Network
- Translating Europe Forum 2019
I have been an Associate member of the ITI since 2019 and have consistently exceeded the 30 hours of CPD they require from their members each year.